CVL KRA - KYC Registration and Verification for Mutual funds and stocks
KYC (Know Your customer) is a mandatory process for investing in mutual funds or stocks in India. It entails two things:
- Proof of Identity: only PAN card copy accepted
- Proof of Address: any govt approved proof of address - e.g., aadhar card copy, driving license copy, voter id copy etc.
To make life easier for investors, now we can get KYC done only once through any broker, bank, mutual fund etc and need not repeat it again ana again even if we invest through some other broker or online.
CVL KRA is a govt provided registry to keep track of this KYC registration status. CVL KRA full form is "CDSL Ventures Limited (CVL) KYC Registration Agency (KRA)". (Govt has allowed a handful of companies to maintain KYC registration status and CVL KRA is one of them).
Check your KYC status at CVL KRA
Go to CVL KRA website and click on 'KYC Inquiry' link in the top menu. You have two options to search your kyc registration status by providing:
- Option 1: Based on Your PAN Number
- Option 2: Your Name, Date of Birth (DOB), and Exempt Category
Option 2 is only selectable if you are exempt from providing your PAN number for investment. Following are the categories of exemption (exempt category):
- SIKKIM RESIDENT
- TRANSACTIONS CARRIED OUT ON BELHALF OF STATE GOVT
- TRANSACTIONS CARRIED OUT ON BEHALF OF CENTRAL GOVT
- COURT APPOINTED OFFICIALS
- UN ENTITY/MULTILATERAL AGENCY EXEMPT FROM PAYING TAX IN INDIA
- OFFICIAL LIQUIDATOR
- COURT RECEIVER
- SIP OF MUTUAL FUNDS UPTO RS. 50,000/- P.A.
- SUFFIX PANS - MULTIPLE ENTRY FOR SINGLE PAN
On Submit, it will show your KYC status which include following details:
- KRA Name
- KYC Status - e.g., KYC Registered
- KYC Hold Reason (if not successfully registered)
- Status Date
- KYC Date
- Modify Status
- Modify Hold Reason
- Modify Date
- KYC Mode
It can also show you status on other KRAs e.g., NDML KRA, DOOTEX KRA, CAMS KRA, KARVY KRA. Please note that you need to have successful KYC registration with only one of them to invest in stocks or mutual funds.Category: mutual-funds